Dhanurasana is very effective in weight loss programs. It is a basic posture of Hatha yoga. In this exercise, our body poses look like the shape of the Dhanush (bow). So it is called Dhanurasana in Sanskrit. It helps to reduce belly fat fast. It Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest and abdominal organs, and spinal cord. Dhanu means a bow. Bow pose is a fantastic stretch for the spine, abdominals, hip flexors, biceps, and pecs. It is an all-around, great total body-opening backbend.
Top Best 15 Benefits of Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
- Effective in weight loss.
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Helps to cure dyspepsia (obesity), rheumatism, and gastrointestinal problems.
- Cures constipation.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Gives flexibility to the back.
- Strengthens back muscles.
- Improve the function of the liver, pancreas, small intestine, and big intestine.
- Act as a stress reliever.
- Strengthens ankles, thighs, groins, chest, and abdominal organs.
- Cure menstruation disorder.
- Improve the function of kidney and liver.
- It improves posture.
- Releases back pain.
- Cures respiratory disorder like asthma.
- Helpful is stimulating reproductive organs.
- Improve the function of the pancreas and it is beneficial in diabetes.
Bow Pose Yoga – Dhanurasana Video
Steps for Dhanurasana (Bow pose)
- Lie on the ground (on stomach) facing downwards.
- Relax completely with 2-3 breaths.
- Inhale slowly and starts bending your legs backwards and catch the ankles with the hands as shown in the above image.
- You will see that your body is now in the shape of a bow.
- In this position, your whole weight will come on your abdomen. Only your stomach and pelvic area will touch the ground.
- Hold this position for few 15-20 seconds and continue taking a deep breath. You can increase the time after practicing this.
- Now after 15-20 seconds exhale slowly and come back to starting position.
- Repeat this cycle 4- 5 times daily.
For More Video And Yoga Videos Click Here