Description: Yoga asanas are a great tool to fast-track your weight loss progress. Try an upward-facing dog to tone your arms, a four-limbed staff pose to tighten your core, a garland pose for your legs, and a pyramid pose for developing your hamstrings.
Best Yoga Asanas That Will Help to Lose Weight
Yoga is one of the best ways to shed extra weight and get into the best shape of your life. Yoga is a full-body workout that is not only great cardio but is perfect for toning your arms, legs, stomach, and butt. After trying out our recommended yoga asanas, we won’t blame you if you want to show off your new body. To find a partner worthy of seeing your goddess figure check out our best hookup sites reviews.
Here are our top 4 yoga asanas for losing weight:
1. Upward-Facing Dog Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
The upward-facing dog is an easy yoga asana that will help yoga enthusiasts tone their arms and lose stubborn fat around their triceps. This pose is also great for toning the back and helping you shed unwanted love handles. To feel the full effects of this yoga asana, you should hold the pose for at least 30 seconds. Don’t be surprised if you feel your arms burning after doing this asana.
Apart from the physical benefits, this yoga asana is excellent for sleep and anxiety. It specifically targets the fifth chakra, helping you communicate your feelings and release stress trapped inside your thoughts.
How to perform this basic yoga asana:
1. Stretch your body out as long as possible while lying on your stomach, extend those arms and legs.
2. Drive off the ground with your hands just like you are doing a pushup, keeping pushing until you lock your elbows out and only the tops of your toes are touching the mat.
3. Elongate your spine and pull your chest towards the sky. At the same time, lift your hips upwards until they are suspended in the air.
2. Four-Limbed Staff Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
Did you ever dream of having abs or a nice flat, tight tummy? Then you need to be performing the four-limbed staff pose daily! This yoga asana will give you a rock-hard core and help you target stomach fat. It is not an easy yoga asana as it takes quite a bit of core strength. Fortunately, after a few weeks, you should be able to hold the pose for 1 minute or more. To begin with, hold this yoga asana for 30 seconds and perform 4 repetitions.
Give it a go:
1. Lie on your stomach and perform a push-up.
2. Slowly lower yourself until you are slightly off the ground.
3. Make sure you keep your arms relaxed but your core tight by flexing your abs.
4. Raise your hips and keep a flat back for maximum core engagement.
5. Hold for at least 30 seconds.
3. Garland Yoga Asanas For Weight Loss
The garland pose is a great yoga asana for beginners as it is basically a squat that nearly all of us have performed before. This yoga asana will tone your entire lower body from hips, thighs, hamstring to even calves. If you are looking for one of the most efficient yoga moves to target lower body fat while also helping you build muscle, then the garland asana is for you. Remember, this yoga asana requires balance, but it is still an easy pose.
To perform this yoga asana and tone your thighs:
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and your toes slightly pointed outwards.
2. Take a deep breath in and push your hips slightly backwards.
3. Push your knees out and make sure they line up with your feet.
4. Lower your body just like a squat until you reach a depth that is comfortable for you.
5. Hold this pose for a minute.
4. Pyramid Pose For Weight Loss
Are you tired of having untoned saggy thighs or hamstrings? We have yoga asanas that can target those common problem areas and have you squeezing back into your skinny jeans — the pyramid pose. There is no better pose for your hamstrings than this move. Yoga asana names are often unusual, but the pyramid pose gets its name from the triangle shape you make with your body. This yoga asana will have your hamstrings on fire and help you quickly shed those extra unwanted pounds from your lower body.
To perform the pyramid asana:
1. Stand in a staggered stance with your front foot pointing forwards and your back leg facing at a 90-degree angle away from your body.
2. Place your hands behind your back.
3. Lower your head until your chest touches the knee of your front leg.
4. Hold for 30 seconds.
5. Switch legs.
If you are looking to bring a change into your life by learning yoga for self-rejuvenation or transfer the benefits to others, by getting a professional certificate and expertise 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India- Apply Now
If you want to tone your body and lose weight, here is a list of yoga asanas you need to be doing:
● Upward-facing dog – get rid of stubborn underarm fat and build beautifully toned arms.
● Four-limbed staff – Who doesn’t want a firm flat stomach? If you perform this challenging yoga asana, you will be sporting abs in no time!
● Garland – Open up those hips, trim down your thigh fat and develop some sexy athletic legs.
● Pyramid – Hamstring fat or sagging won’t be a problem after performing this yoga asana, and your lower legs will be extra tight.
We would love to know your experience with yoga and weight loss. Please comment below on your favorite yoga asanas.
Rebecca Shinn is a freelance writer and dating and relationship expert with a psychology degree. Her field of expertise is relationship, dating, and marriage. The important part of Rebecca’s practice is to help couples with communication skills, problem-solving skills, stress management, or financial skills.
Rebecca started writing 2 years ago to inspire and help people to have a better dating life, healthy relationships, or find a way to keep a marriage strong for long years.
With all said above, Rebecca is proud to be a mother and a wife so she doesn’t only use her knowledge for helping others but keeping her family strong and happy.