Yoga: a Beginners Guide.
What is yoga?
Yoga means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. But essentially yoga just means union. Union with anything, It might be your work your hobbies, the book your reading, etc. you must become one with the work you are doing, putting your complete attention and awareness towards the action you are performing.
Best Yoga and asanas For Beginners
There is this general misconception that yoga is what people do with their bodies, but in fact, yoga is something that involves the body but primarily involves the mind.
There are 4 different paths of yoga.
- Bhakti marga – involves devotion/love towards a personal deity.
- Jnana marga – the path of knowledge.
- Karma Yoga – The path of service.
- Raja Yoga – The path of discipline and practice.
Among this Raja yoga is the one consisting of asanas. Asanas are just a part of Raja yoga but not the path Itself.
Yoga for Beginners
Yoga as said is not just about asanas but involves so much deeper than the physical being. But as people mostly consider the physical part of yoga as yoga and of course mean to learn asanas and pranayama as yoga let’s talk about this.
Things To Remember For Beginners
- Never begin practicing asanas and pranayama without learning them from a professional and authorized teacher/trainer.
- There are a lot of YouTube channels that teach yoga, but please don’t follow them. They might be right and accurate but if you are practicing a posture wrong then a trainer must be present to adjust.
- So always practice under the guidance of a teacher/trainer.
- If you have any medical history or learning for therapeutical purposes inform the teacher in the beginning because certain asanas and pranayamas function deeper with your energies and might cause unwanted effects on your body.
Asanas and exercise for beginners:
Yoga (asanas) is completely different from exercise. A general yoga class might consider exercises but they both do not mean the same. Yoga functions deeper within your energy level but not exercise. Exercise might be calming for some people but it is exhilarating and exhausting which might affect your heart and lung function while yoga calms you down balancing the lung and heart function along with your mind.
If you are looking to bring a change into your life by learning yoga for self-rejuvenation or transfer the benefits to others, by getting a professional certificate and expertise 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India- Apply Now