Hero Pose Virasana:
(veer-AHS-anna) vira = man, hero, chief A basic, sitting posture, Vrishna is excellent for meditation. Although it is a wonderful pose to keep your knees mobile and healthy, but you should avoid sarcasm if you have knee or ankle injury In Sanskrit, “Veera” means man, hero, or chief and “asana “Means, thus English hero Pose.
A tip for beginners: Often, when in this posture, the top of your feet naturally, press more in the floor than the outer head. To fix this, firm up the pinky-toe of the foot on the floor. For the practice of Hero Pose with the help of a licensed yoga practitioner, see our Yoga class programs for each branch of CNY Healing Arts.
Steps of Hero Pose Virasana :
- First kneel down, at that point parallel your hip girth separately.
- Transfer a little in way over hip girth along with your higher than level on the ground.
- Bend forward and twist the plump a part of calves external with the hands.
- Sit on the ground among the feet and breathe out. (During practice if you’re feeling any distress or not able to sit properly on the ground, in that case try to sit properly).
- Place your hands on top of thighs just near to knees, your palms should facing down.
- Now relax your upper body and shoulders, your spine should be straight and tall.
- The crown of your head should point to the ceiling and looks straight ahead.
- During the process assume that you are hero or warrior, who sits tall and proud.
- Hold this pose for thirty seconds to one minute.
- During the process take normal breathing.
- After that relieve your feet, ankles and knees that time shake your legs.
Health Benefits Of Hero Pose Virasana
- Stretches the hips, thighs, knees, ankles and feet
- Improves circulation and relieves tired legs
- Strengthens foot arches, relieving flat feet
- Improves digestion and relieves gas
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Improves posture
- Reduces swelling of the legs during pregnancy (through second trimester)
- Therapeutic for asthma and high blood pressure
- It stretches thighs, knees, ankles and feet.
- Useful in meditation.
- Relieve legs tiredness.
- Virasana improves blood circulation in legs.
- It improves digestion.
- Beneficial in gas problems.
- Cures the symptoms of menopause.
- During pregnancy it helps to reduce swelling of the legs (through second trimester).
- Useful in Asthma and high blood pressure.
- It relaxes the legs.