Benefits of Yoga Mudra
Benefits of 10 Yog Mudra – Gyan Mudra, Prithvi Mudra, Varuna Mudra, Vayu Mudra, Shunya Mudra, Surya Mudra, Prana Mudra, Apana Mudra, Apana Vayu Mudra, Mudra Linga.
Mudra Practitioners of all the age groups can perform these hand mudras to overcome different problems in their lives.
1. Gyan Mudra (The Mudra of Knowledge) Benefits
Practicing this mudra is helpful for you if you are a student and coping with tension and depression. Gyan Mudra consisting of the elements Fire and Air, enhances your knowledge and learning ability. Connecting the tip of your forefinger to the thumb enhances the functions of the pituitary and endocrine glands.
Benefits Of Gyan Yoga Mudra
- Gyan Mudra boosts brainpower
- improves concentration
- prevents insomnia
- relieves from hysteria, and anger.
2. Prithvi Mudra (Mudra of Earth)
Benefits Of Prithvi Yoga Mudra
- This mudra, as the name suggests, increases the Earth element of the body decreasing the fire element.
- The practice of Prithvi Mudra invigorates functions of bodily tissues like bones, cartilage, skin, hair, nails, muscles, tendons, and internal organs.
- Regular practice of this mudra helps to improve the body strength.
- It keeps the body stable.
- Improves self confidence, gets rid of confusion, anxiety, fearfulness, fickle mindedness.
- Makes the body and mind more stable and concentrated.
- It is famously known for improving weight and hair growth.
3. Varuna Mudra (Mudra of Water)
Benefits Of Varuna Yoga Mudra
- Some common diseases this hand seal can cure are namely dry skin can cure coughs, colds, paralysis, sinuses, low blood pressure, and asthma.
4. Vayu Mudra (Mudra of Air)
This hand gesture of air is used to regulate air in the body. In this gesture, the index finger is placed at the base of the thumb for 45 minutes a day — this yoga mudra benefits in relief from the severity of diseases like Parkinson’s disease. As the Mudra enhances airflow throughout your body, commonly troubling conditions like gout, arthritis, flatulence, and sciatica, and rheumatism can be cured naturally.
Benefits Of Vayu Yoga Mudra
- It helps regulate and balance the air element within your body,
- Heals and treats you against any air imbalance diseases,
- Reduces extra air from stomach and body,
- Tightens and strengthens your chest,
- Relives you against chest pains,
- Builds immunity for your body against cold and cough
5. Shunya Mudra (Mudra of Space/Emptiness)
Shunya is translated Zero in English, which represents sky or space, and connects the highest forces with your upper level. This Hand Gesture is helpful for you if you stay airborne moist of the time.
Benefits Of Shunya Yoga Mudra
- Improves hearing, strengthens the bone
- This seal helps you enlighten your mind, improvise your thought process, and releases tension from shoulders, neck, head, and throat.
6. Surya Mudra (Mudra of Sun/Energy)
Surya that means sun, is the ultimate source of energy. Considered as an energy booster.
Benefits Of Surya Yoga Mudra.
- Surya Mudra or hand gesture helps to calm a restless and anxious mind.
- Helps in digestion of food by increasing metabolism.
- Helps to produce heat in the body, good in winter season.
- Increases fire element within body. And decreases Earth element in body.
- Helps to reduce the body fat.
- Strengthens the eyes and improves vision.
7. Prana Mudra (Mudra of Life)
Bend the ring and the little finger to touch the tip of your thumb, keeping both the fingers stretched.
Benefits Of Prana Yoga Mudra
- This results in activation of life force and strengthening your blood vessels to encourage smooth flow.
- Other benefits of Prana Mudra include energized state of being, strong immunity, improved eyesight, and replenishment of Vitamin deficiency in the body.
- Prana Mudra makes body and mind stable.
- Improves body strength.
- Removes blockage in the channels by enhancing the proper movement of vital forces within the body.
- Reduces muscular pain.
- Builds self-confidence.
- Removes fatigue.
- Helps to sustain and maintain energy level. Acharya Keshava a famous Yoga practitioner has claimed this benefit by regular practice.
- It improves immunity.
- It improves vision, beneficial in dryness of eye, watering of eyes, burning sensation in eyes, redness of eyes. Pran mudra is ideally practised for all types of eye problem.
- It is beneficial in diabetes; it is to be performed after apana mudra.
- This mudra is advised to be practised in joint pains after performing vayu mudra.
- It helps in reducing the anxiety.
Practice it for 15 to 30 minutes each day for effective results.
8. Apana Mudra (Mudra of Digestion)
This hand gesture helps you connect with the earthly energies and keep you grounded. Apana Mudra enables you to maintain a healthy excretory system by rapidly removing toxicity out of your body.
Benefits Of Apana Yoga Mudra
- Apana mudra balance the three doshas (Vata, Kapha, and pitta doshas) in the human body. It increases the Vata and Kapha doshas and decreases the pitta in the body.
- By practicing it regularly, breathing-related diseases are destroyed.
- Makes the heart strong by the disciplined practice of this mudra.
- Regularizing the Apana mudra helps to control diabetes.
- This mudra removes body temperature by sweating.
- Improve the flow of perspiration, urine, and stool.
- strengthen human body parts.
- According to acupressure, its pressure centers on the respiratory tract and gastric diseases.
- This mudra soothes a toothache.
- Relief in diseases like indigestion, gas, acidity, constipation.
- Apart from this, it removes urinary defects.
9. Apana Vayu Mudra (Mudra of the Heart)
Identical to Apana Mudra, Apana Vayu Mudra aims at healing your heart.
Benefits Of Apana Vayu Yoga Mudra
- Apana Vayu Mudra are controlled heart-rate and Blood Pressure.
- This Mudra is useful in the treatments of; Fast heart beats, palpitations, Angina pectoris.
- This Mudra is a pain-killer, it can be used to treat headache, toothache, stomach ache, backache, joint pains, heel pain, etc.
- This Mudra is useful to overcome excessive sweating, obstruction of urine. Ailments caused by a deficiency of element earth.
10. Linga Mudra – Mudra of the Heat
Linga Mudra helps increase body heat by focusing on the element of fire inside the body.
Benefits Of Linga Yoga Mudra
- Weight loss
- Helps in Breathing Difficulty
- Improves Digestion
- Prevent Hypothermia
- Cures Bronchitis
- Prevents Running Nose
- Makes Us Fit and Energetic
- Improves Men’s Sexual Health
- Helps in Brahmacharya
If you are looking to bring a change into your life by learning yoga for self-rejuvenation or transfer the benefits to others, by getting a professional certificate and expertise, then Arogya Yoga School is the perfect fit for you.